I am SO ready for autumn! Here is an easy recipe to celebrate the upcoming fall flavors. The cinnamon, cayenne and honey give the pork a bit of spicy sweetness. We paired this with some mashed potatoes and brussel sprouts.
- 1lb pork tenderloin
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp cayenne
- 3 tsp honey
- 1 red apple (Gala should work fine)
- salt & pepper to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Slice the apple into 1/4 inch slices.
- Using a sharp knife, make 5-6 incisions into the pork. Only cut 1/2 to 3/4 of the way into the pork; DO NOT cut all the way through.
- Insert an apple slice into each of the incision.
- Drizzle the pork loin with the honey, cinnamon, cayenne, salt and pepper.
- Roast for 35 to 40 minutes, remove from oven and let it rest for 5 minutes before serving.