Roasted Curried Cauliflower and Chickpea Salad w/ Lemon Hummus Dressing
- 1 head cauliflower
- 1/2 red onion
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 bunch parsley
- 15 oz can chickpeas
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup of hummus (more if you want a thicker dressing)
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp cayenne
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF.
- Chop the cauliflower into small florets and spread them on a large baking sheet.
- Slice the red onion into 1/4-inch strips and place them on the baking sheet with the cauliflower.
- Drizzle the cauliflower and onions with 1-2 tbsp of olive oil and season with salt, pepper and curry powder. Toss the cauliflower and onions until coated.
- Drain, rinse and dry the can of chickpeas.
- Place them on a separate baking sheet, drizzle them with 1 tbsp of olive oil and season with paprika.
- Roast the cauliflower, onions and chickpeas for 25 minutes.
- Remove the chickpeas and let them cool.
- Stir the cauliflower and onions and roast those for an additional 10 minutes. Then remove and let them cool.
- While everything is cooling, make the dressing by mixing together the lemon juice, hummus, water, minced garlic, cumin, cayenne and salt.
- Pull the parsley leaves from their stems and roughly chop the leaves into small pieces.
- Once the cauliflower, onions and chickpeas have cooled, combine them with the parsley and drizzle with the lemon hummus dressing.